The Hopeful Homesteader

The Hopeful Homesteader

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Welcome to The Hopeful Homesteader

First I should probably tell you a little bit about myself and what has driven me to blogging in the first place.

I'm a 35 year old mother of two. I have a beautiful daughter, Hannah, who is 14 and already begging to drive, and an adorable red headed son, Devin, who is 11. I married my high school sweetheart, Kevin, and after 15 years we're still in love as much, if not more, than we were back then.  Ever since my husband and I got married we both wanted to find some land and start our own small homestead but one thing or another always put it out of our reach. Kevin comes from a family that always had a garden and raised a pig or two now and again so he has a bit of experience with it. I, however, do not.

When I was a kid I can remember Mama having a garden as often as she could and canning things but I was too little to be in the kitchen. She passed away when I was 15 and had been sick and unable to do much since the time I was about 8 so I wasn't able to glean the knowledge from her.

Within the last year the possibility of us getting our own place has started to become a reality and I have been searching the internet for any and all information homestead related I can find and I thought I would attempt to pass on the information I've found as well as my own experiences as I experience them for anyone else out there trying to figure it all out.

I hope you will join me through the joy and tears that I know is sure to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment