The Hopeful Homesteader

The Hopeful Homesteader

Sunday, September 18, 2011

We have Pecan Trees!

The last time we went out to the property I was more interested in seeing what needed fixing NOW rather than later and trying to get a priority list started so that we can begin to get materials together than in looking around the yard to identify the resident plantlife.

My mother-in-law went with us and while Kevin and I were checking out the stuff that needed to be fixed inside she was keeping the kids occupied looking around outside. They had a great time checking out the pool (thats gonna be a mess to get cleaned up. Can you say mosquito haven? Ughh.) and the two outbuildings.

She said she noticed TWO pecan trees!!! I'm so excited I wanted pecan trees but as they take so long to mature and begin producing I had resigned myself to the fact that we wouldn't be able to have them. I am so happy! I just keep imagining all the fresh hot pecan pies, divinity, and other baked goodies I will be able to make.

Shhh, don't remind me about all the work it's going to take to shell them. I will be worth it though!

Do you have a great pecan recipe? I would LOVE to hear 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment